Our direct client in NYC is seeking a SOX Coordinator for their team. This is a potential right to hire role.
Purpose of Position:
The SOX Coordinator reports to the Director of Enterprise Risk Management and is responsible for administering and facilitating the company’s Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) program, framework and operation to effectively identify, assess and report on the company’s full range of risks and risk mitigation action steps related to Internal Controls over Financial Reporting (ICOFR).
- Coordinate annual SOX 404 financial statement mapping, risk assessment and scoping process, setting materiality thresholds, business units, transaction cycles and critical processes and accounts ensuring an adequate scope for testing of the Company’s financial statements.
- Coordinate management’s SOX 404 process controls documentation and review controls to ensure adequate design and identification of key and non-key controls for critical processes/accounts including rationalizing and optimizing controls through automation.
- Consult on new business initiatives, system implementations, accounting policy changes and assess the impact of said changes on internal controls.
- Act as the “go-to” person for internal controls within the organization and provide a reliable and insightful resource for implementing controls within a business process in an efficient and effective manner.
- Coordinate quarterly SOX sub-certification exercise.
- Liaise with internal and external auditors and proactively coordinate management’s assessment of internal controls over financial reporting and any planned reliance by External Auditors on management or internal audit testing.
- Coordinate remediation of findings and deficiencies identified by internal and external auditors.
- Coordinate update of internal controls documentation (flowcharts, narratives and Risk Control Matrices) for financial and IT processes in collaboration with business and IT partners.
- Perform scoping, budgeting, tracking of budget versus actuals, and status reporting with service providers.
- Perform other duties as directed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business or related; master’s degree a plus
- 5+ years’ experience in a risk management or similar role
- Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) a plus
- Demonstrated capability to apply SOX documentation concepts, analysis and support toward firm-wide SOX compliance
- Strong understanding of internal controls and the COSO framework
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and influencing skills
- Experience in supervising a SOX Project Management Office