Position DescriptionFortune 100 company is seeking a highly qualified individual to help launch its individual disability insurance (IDI) business. This position will evolve over time, but will initially work with…
Fortune 100 company is seeking a highly qualified individual to help launch its individual disability insurance (IDI) business. This position will evolve over time, but will initially work with individuals at all levels across functional and business lines on a wide range of activities. This role requires excellent decision-making ability, the ability to work autonomously and collaborate effectively across the Company, and an entrepreneurial drive to execute on both day-to-day priorities and longer-term goals.
• Help support cross-functional teams and third-party vendors successfully complete projects on time and on budget
• Develop project plans, work streams and timelines
• Identify, acquire and manage resources needed, ensuring accountability and progress
• Prepare presentations to communicate project plans, status, outcomes, timelines, etc.
• Facilitate regular communication among the project team and to stakeholders
• Collaborate with business and functional teams to frame, analyze and develop solutions / recommendations for a wide range of business opportunities and problems
• Conduct detailed quantitative and qualitative analysis to generate insights and rationale that support recommended solutions
• Prepare presentations to communicate business cases, insights, recommendations, etc.
• Conduct comprehensive research on markets, competitors / companies, products and consumers and develop insights and recommendations
• Prepare presentations to communicate insights, recommendations, etc.
• Bachelor’s degree required; MBA preferred
• 3 – 5 years related work experience; 2 – 3 years in management consulting, or insurance industry preferred
• Proven critical thinking, analytical and quantitative capabilities
• Demonstrated ability to translate data and analysis into business insights and problem solving
• Strong communication (written and oral) skills, enabling the creation and presentation of a broad range of materials (e.g., business cases, analyses, project plans, status updates)
• Excellent project management skills, including ability to manage multiple complex priorities simultaneously and meet deadlines
• Strong research skills with experience in market, product and consumer analysis
• Self-starter with a keen sense of ownership, commitment to the work and results orientation
• Collaborative work style and experience working effectively with individuals at all levels of seniority
• Capable of successfully working both on teams and individually
• Ability to quickly absorb a variety of different subject matters
• Highly proficient at working with Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel and Word required; ability to work with SharePoint preferred