Collaboration Engineer will be responsible for designing, implementing, maintaining and supporting audio/video conferencing components for collaboration platforms including O365 services (Skype, Teams), WebEx, Zoom and Polycom. The candidate will coordinate and lead video conferencing infrastructure installations, conferencing production changes, report/document platform issues, ensure knowledge transfer occurs between engineering and operations staff, and identify opportunities to enhance/optimize/improve overall service to the clients. The applicant must have a solid technical infrastructure experience, strong project management acumen and excellent vendor management skills, in addition to a superior service-oriented approach to infrastructure operations. The applicant is responsible for operational and service management processes to ensure that quality, efficiency and agility goals are achieved.
The applicant must have experience with designing, implementing, maintaining and supporting collaboration components in Office 365, Zoom, Polycom, WebEx and associated infrastructure, including all related applications, servers and services. The applicant will need to maintain a high level of ownership and investment in tasks associated with both new and ongoing collaboration-based needs within the IT environment. Incumbents must be able to lead efforts in troubleshooting, remediating and optimizing collaboration-based issues, while also working with engineering requirements and providing strategic recommendations to management.
The candidate will employ excellent written and verbal communication skills and an ability to work closely with other engineers and administrators in order to ensure smooth transitions and tight coordination amongst users and stakeholders. Required Skills:
- 8+ years of training experience in an enterprise collaboration environment with end-user application support experience
- Working knowledge of integrating Office 365, Exchange, Skype, Teams, Zoom, WebEx, and Polycom
- Experience with design and implementation of IT projects and major efforts, to include documentation, communication, and coordination of all components
- Expertise with professionally coordinating and assisting customer support (tier-1 or tier-2) personnel with O365 related incidents and tasks
- 2+ years of developing information system design, governance, process, procedure documentation
- Expertise in coordination and escalation to Microsoft support and ability to coordinate with first- and third-party software vendors as needed for resolution of business-impacting problems
- Can convey complex and technical issues to diverse audiences, orally and in writing, in a manner that is easily understood, authoritative, and actionable for the business; actively listens to peers’ input.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills; acts decisively and swiftly, identifies problems and drives towards solutions.
- Must be able to collaborate effectively with other senior architects, support personnel and SN Managers within the organization
- Broad knowledge of other Microsoft systems infrastructure products
- Must have excellent Customer Service skills
- Proficient experience with modern authentication remediation with inclusion of multiple modern browsers, Microsoft Office 365 ProPlus, client profile migration, and mailbox migration experience.
- Understanding of legacy authentication scenarios preferred
- Experience providing user guidance, documentation, and consultation
- Excellent written, oral, interpersonal, and presentational skills
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment