Job Description: Define vision, strategy and principles for data management. Define standards for naming, describing, governing, managing, modeling, cleansing, enriching, transforming, moving, storing, searching and delivering all data within the enterprise.…
Define vision, strategy and principles for data management.
Define standards for naming, describing, governing, managing, modeling, cleansing, enriching, transforming, moving, storing, searching and delivering all data within the enterprise.
Serve as the liaison between data consumer representative and data solutions development, integration and governance teams.
Inform and interpret data project sponsors.
Understand how data is, or will be, used and implications on people, processes, products and technology.
Client database environment consists of DB2 for i, DB2 for LUW and MS/SQL Server and Oracle databases.
• Design, develop, and implement data architectures to support application and BI solution/reporting efforts
• Design and enhance normalized and dimensional (OLTP and ROLAP) data structures
• Design, develop, and support complex integration processes (including interfaces) using SQL Server technology, stored procedures and SQL program code
• Will be involved in multiple projects simultaneously and engaged in problem solving on these projects
• Work directly with Business Architects to translate business requirements into conceptual and logical data models
• This person will also be responsible for small to medium system enhancements and/or large scale strategic initiatives as needed
• May act as a lead for respective application projects
Enterprise Data Architecture
• Develop, implement and promote architectural standards and frameworks, allowing for a flexible and scalable environment
• Define, understand and recommend changes to the existing databases, software, hardware and application environment in tandem with the current business needs and direction
• Interact with various matrix partners and team members to ensure applications are fulfilling user requirements, are efficiently designed and are easy to support and maintain
• Recommends and evaluates tools and facilities for use by department that may include various areas within the DBMS environment (i.e., design, development, operation)
• Educates and trains business and systems personnel in data analysis, logical data design, standards and procedures for data, and corporate data dictionary usage.
• Researches and evaluates new software and hardware to determine effects on existing database designs, procedures and/or software installation.
• Experience in performance monitoring and tuning
• Perform root cause analysis for issues and provide effective and timely resolution
• Provide guidance and technical support to other architecture team members
• Provide expertise in trouble-shooting problems, taking appropriate actions to resolve or prevent future problems
• Assist in after-hours implementation/production code moves/check outs as necessary
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
• 7+ years of enterprise-level database experience.
• Knowledge of logical and physical data design techniques.
• Experienced with complete application development life cycle.
• Knowledge and/or experience with client server technology and distributed databases.
• Knowledge of multiple DBMS’s across multiple platforms.
• Ability to demonstrate a sense of logic, decision making and problem resolution
• Ability to communicate effectively and professionally, both verbally and in writing
• Ability to articulate and translate technical language to non-technical customers
• Ability to efficiently manage time in an environment with multiple projects and priorities
• Ability to work well with people from many different disciplines with varying degrees of technical experience
• Ability to provide thought leadership
• Ability to work individually and as part of a cross functional team
• Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment
• Experience in an DB2 for i database environment
• Expertise with CA ERWin data modeling software
• Experience with IBM System i performance monitoring and tuning.
• Microsoft Certified Database Administrator (MCDBA)
• OLAP tools, multi-dimensional databases and data mining
• Experience with Oracle Essbase
• Knowledge of Life Insurance, Direct Marketing, Telemarketing, Call Center and Data Warehouse systems and applications
• Practical programming experience in RPG, Java or .Net
• Prior supervisory experience
• UNIX shell scripting