Looking for a senior Unified Collaborations engineer to join our technology team to grow and support our global voice/video infrastructure. The role will work with our existing UC resources across all of our offices – NY, London, Hong Kong, and Amsterdam. In addition to being primarily focused on our UC infrastructure, the candidate will work closely with other networking engineers and will be exposed to a variety of networking related projects.
- Work with existing personnel to see and manage the existing Cisco UC infrastructure.
- Assist in developing the overall global UC architecture.
- Participate with different teams to provide capacity planning for our UC infrastructure.
- Help develop standards and best practices across our global UC infrastructure.
- Cultivate documentation standards for all UC projects.
- Be responsible for researching and learning about new versions, features, hardware and technology advancements that will enhance the UC environment.
- Assist in UC related projects. Help drive the design, staging, configuration and implementation of work against our production trading environment.
- Coordinate, investigate and test 3rd Party telephony platforms (e.g. Turrets, Hoots, etc.)
- Support external voice and video infrastructure.
- Develop dial plans and manage number allocations.
- Integrate all solutions against corporate security requirements and mandates.
- Participate in the management of all VoIP vendor and hardware relationships.
Requirements and Skills:
- Detailed understanding and in depth experience with Cisco’s Unified Communications and Collaborations products and technologies, including:
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager versions 10.5,11.0, and 11.5.
- Cisco Unity Connection.
- Cisco Meeting Server.
- Cisco Telepresence Server.
- Cisco VCS Expressway.
- Thorough understanding of core networking and telephony technologies.
- Experience with modern voice recording platforms (Verint, Nice, Calabrio, etc.).
- Excellent troubleshooting and communication skills across multiple networking disciplines.
- 3+ years of experience working in a production CUCM environment.
- Experience upgrading and maintaining Cisco UC products.
- Working knowledge of signaling protocols (SIP, SCCP, H323, etc.)
- Experience configuring and implementing voice gateways and CUBE devices.
- Experience with full suite of Cisco voice and video endpoints.
- Strong background with current security standards and expectations.
- Strong understanding of Cisco design best practices for multi cluster environments.