Fortune 100 company in NYC is looking for a consultant Project Manager to join a large marketing program with multiple, complex workstreams. This position requires a team member who demonstrates command of project scope, measured outcomes, project plans, risks, and dependencies proactively engaging with team members to ensure deliverables are met on time and on budget.
- Manage multiple workstreams at the same time with cross-functional teams, resulting in on-time, on-budget delivery and a team-wide sense of accomplishment
- Drive work across multiple complex workstreams with ability to identify and manage risks, problem solve, and identify alternative paths.
- Demonstrate a hybrid of business, technical, and data acumen
- Based on command of project vision, scope, and understanding of budget and KPIs, proactively drive towards accurate completion of project milestones
- Responsible for providing project management services and driving execution by building and motivating cross-functional teams to ensure deliverables are produced on time, with quality results, that incorporate stakeholder feedback.
- Collaborate, influence, and negotiate with Marketing leaders, Technology teams, external vendors, and stakeholders to drive outcomes that achieve Marketing’s objectives across a portfolio of projects.
- Responsible for directly driving the following activities for several workstreams:
- Define, sequence, schedule, and resource activities required to implement project deliverables. Develop project plans, identify and mitigate risks, and manage dependencies.
- Develop integrated project plans including all inter-dependencies and oversee the day-to-day activities.
- Ensure the right work is being done at the right time, predict downstream impact of how activities are sequenced, and identify when escalation is required.
- Identify, document, manage, escalate, and resolve risks, issues, and scope changes with project teams and stakeholders; ensure commitment to timelines and objectives.
- Use company standard frameworks and documentation that assist business owners and senior leaders in understanding project scope, sequencing decisions, and how project decisions impact KPIs/metrics, business cases, and goals.
- Project management of large, complex projects involving multiple stakeholders with on-time, on-budget delivery bringing clear collaboration and communications skills
- Stakeholder management 1:1, with groups and through broader enterprise communications
- Ability to bring people together to solve common challenges
- System/process-oriented problem solver, ability to manage multiple initiatives and balance the need to work strategically and hands-on
- Strong verbal and written communications combined with technical acumen
- Self-starter, comfortable with navigating ambiguity, and passionate about driving change
- Influencer, negotiator and consulting skills
- High attention to detail and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
- Ability to create structure, set pace to drive and manage project activities, and establish governance processes
- Drive and guide project teams to make decisions and alternative paths forward, especially in periods of ambiguity
- Ability to pivot team direction as needed and see connectivity and dependencies across related projects
- Ability to manage stakeholder engagement and appropriately set expectations
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience
- Experience must include managing large scale projects
- Experience must include working in a scaled agile delivery framework (SAFe)
- Marketing experience, a plus
- Business project management background required (this is not a scrum master/technology role