Fortune 100 company in NYC is looking for a Consultant/Project Manager to support several marketing programs. This role is responsible for managing and driving project management for a number of large scale, complex initiatives (marketing business and/or MarTech) working with marketing leaders and managers. This leader demonstrates command of project scope, measured outcomes, project plans, risks, and dependencies proactively engaging with team members to ensure deliverables are met on time and on budget.
- Responsible for providing project management services and driving execution by building and motivating cross-functional teams to ensure deliverables are produced on time, with quality results, that incorporate stakeholder feedback.
- Collaborate, influence, and negotiate with Marketing leaders, Technology teams, external vendors, and stakeholders to drive outcomes that achieve Marketing’s objectives across a portfolio of projects.
- Experienced project manager with high attention to detail, the ability to manage multiple programs at the same time with cross-functional teams, resulting in on-time, on-budget delivery and a teamwide sense of accomplishment.
- Passionate, team-oriented problem solver and leader who understands and differentiates between what users want vs. what they need to meet Marketing’s goals (not afraid to influence and negotiate with Product Managers and stakeholders).
- Demonstrate a hybrid of business, technical, and data acumen.
- Drive work across multiple complex projects with ability to identify and manage risks, problem solve, and identify alternative paths.
- Based on command of project vision, scope, and understanding of budget and KPIs, hold a “seat at the table” and proactively drive towards accurate completion of project milestones.
- Responsible for directly driving the following activities for several projects:
- Define, sequence, schedule, and resource activities required to implement project deliverables. Develop project plans, identify and mitigate risks, and manage dependencies.
- Develop integrated project plans including all inter-dependencies and oversee the day-to-day activities. Ensure the right work is being done at the right time, predict downstream impact of how activities are sequenced, and identify when escalation is required.
- Identify, document, manage, escalate, and resolve risks, issues, and scope changes with project teams and stakeholders; ensure commitment to timelines and objectives.
- Use company standard frameworks and documentation that assist business owners and senior leaders in understanding project scope, sequencing decisions, and how project decisions impact KPIs/metrics, business cases, and goals.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum of 7 years of relevant experience which must include managing large scale projects
- Must have experience working in a scaled agile delivery framework (SAFe)
- Project management of large, complex projects involving multiple stakeholders with on-time, on-budget delivery bringing clear collaboration and communications skills
- Diplomacy and gravitas that brings people together to solve common challenges using marketing technology for speed to market, efficiency, scalability and business impact
- System/process-oriented problem solver, ability to manage multiple initiatives and balance the need to work strategically and hands-on
- Strong verbal and written communications combined with technical acumen
- Self-starter, comfortable with navigating ambiguity, and passionate about driving change
- Internal influencer, culture carrier, negotiating, and consulting skills
- High attention to detail and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
- Ability to create structure, set pace to drive and manage project activities, and establish governance processes
- Drive and guide project teams to make decisions and alternative paths forward, especially in periods of ambiguity
- Ability to pivot team direction as needed and see connectivity and dependencies across related projects
- Ability to manage stakeholder engagement and appropriately set expectations