Our client is looking for someone to support their infrastructure, data centers and network both domestically and internationally. This is a Mid-Level position in their Infrastructure team, which handles 2nd & 3rd level support of Windows and Linux platforms. As a key member of their infrastructure group, you will be an integral part of the support and ongoing production operations maintaining systems availability, performance and metrics required to support the systems running in the data center.
- High level network engineering in a complex, highly segmented secure network environment. Ability to troubleshoot complex networks and security infrastructure.
- High level engineering design in the following technologies: Cisco networking, CheckPoint firewalls, F5, VMWare, Bluecoat
- Having a solid working experience and understanding of; Windows Active Directory, Windows DNS, Backup and recovery methodologies, VMware Virtualization, Microsoft Exchange 2016, Check Point firewalls, HP SAN Storage, Bluecoat web filtering, Cisco LAN and WAN technologies is required.
- Work in conjunction with banks help desk to manage your trouble ticket queue in an effort to efficiently manage calls for help within the organization.
- Shift Flexibility – Work off hours at times and between shifts to accomplish a multitude of tasks which cannot be performed during bank hours. These tasks include but are not limited too; patching, change control, configuration management and system upgrades.
- Provide data artifacts to support SOX 404 testing as well as reporting which will be delivered to Upper Management, Information Security and Internal Audit.
- Build relationships with internal application & data owners and main stakeholders of the platforms. Communicate change events and time lines to stakeholders.
- Create comprehensive documentation for new deployments and changes to existing systems
- Disaster recovery planning & participation.
- Communicate with end-users on support issues.
- Thorough understanding of network architecture and networking concepts. Cisco networking certifications highly desirable
- Prior industry work experience as a network administrator or network engineer
- Minimum 8-10 years’ experience in working in a complex/enterprise IT environment
- VMWare, Citrix XenServer fundamentals and troubleshooting skills
- Windows 2008/2012/2016 Servers, service packs, upgrade experience
- Solid hardware troubleshooting skills – HP (Blade and SAN), Cisco, Checkpoint, F5, Bluecoat
- System security and compliance administration a plus
- B.S. in Information Systems, or equivalent experience.
- Microsoft certification is a plus.