Fortune 100 company in NYC has an opening for a Project Manager. Among other responsibilities, this resource will be heavily involved in managing marketing workstreams.
- Project Management for Agency Marketing projects.
- Responsible for leading the delivery of multiple strategic initiatives using SDLC (Waterfall) and Agile/Scrum methodologies.
- Responsible for management cross functional matrix team of Architects, Business Analysts, Developers, and QA teams to ensure all deliverables are produced on time and with quality results.
- Development of the integrated master project plan including all inter-dependencies and overseeing the day-to-day activities for proper project tracking and reporting of all deliverables.
- Manages and collaborates with the project core teams and key stakeholders in detecting and documenting possible risks; all changes to scope and/or schedule; mitigates/escalates as needed to resolve and achieve commitments from all key stakeholders.
- Ensures project status is proactively communicated to all key stakeholders via daily stand-ups, project meeting minutes and weekly project status reports that reflect the status of assigned projects and ensures the right level of project detail is regularly shared, reviewed and discussed with all levels of the project core team members and key stakeholders. Responsible for Executive Summary report.
- Works with the key stakeholders assigned to the project; to ensure the right work is being done at the right time; holding them accountable for their commitments and removing roadblocks. Stakeholders can include business partners, architects, security, business analysts, QA. The candidate will know how and when to escalate to management when required.
- In partnership with the QA team, prioritizes and tracks defects and issues.
- 7+ years of relevant experience in Project Management within the Insurance/Finance Industry preferred.
- Demonstrated, applied experience establishing and delivering complex software and web development projects using Agile methodologies.
- Project Management professional (PMP) and Certified Scrum Master (CSM) certification preferred.
- Demonstrated analytical skills, independent thinking and ability to exercise prudent judgment.
- Requires in-depth expertise in Project Management knowledge and competencies.
- Skilled in project software: SharePoint, MS Project, MS Office, Lotus and Visio.
- Knowledge of Agile tools such as JIRA, TFS or Rally preferred.
- Knowledge of Scaled Agile Frameworks (SAFe) is a plus.
- Basic understanding of products sold and processes within the life insurance/financial services industry to interpret business requirements
- Skilled in managing multiple concurrent projects
- Knowledge of Insurance and Marketing is a plus