Skype Engineer will be responsible for designing, implementing, maintaining and supporting Skype Collaboration components of the Office 365/On-Premise associated infrastructure, including all related applications, servers and services. The applicant will need to maintain a high level of ownership and investment in tasks and lead efforts in troubleshooting, remediating and optimizing Skype Collaboration-based issues, while also developing engineering solutions for new requirements and providing strategic recommendations to management.
The applicant requires solid technical infrastructure experience, strong project management acumen and excellent vendor management skills, in addition to a superior, service-oriented approach to infrastructure operations and is responsible for operational and service management processes to ensure that quality, efficiency and agility goals are achieved.
- 5-8+ years of senior-level (tier 2 or 3) administration and engineering experience in an enterprise IT environment, having performed operational and break/fix activity along with engineering and design
- Experience with Microsoft Skype including 2015, Online and Hybrid configurations
- Experience with Skype On-Premise/Online integration with PolyCom & PBX
- Working knowledge of Office 365 authentications
- Extensive experience with the design and implementation of IT projects and major efforts, to include documentation, communication, and coordination of all components
- Expertise in coordination and escalation to Microsoft support and ability to coordinate with first- and third-party software vendors as needed for resolution of business-impacting problems
- Ability to convey complex and technical issues to diverse audiences, orally and in writing, in a manner that is easily understood, authoritative, and actionable for the business; actively listens to peers’ input.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills; acts decisively and swiftly, identifies problems and drives towards solutions.
- Must be able to collaborate effectively with other senior architects within the organization
- Extensive experience with Skype components
- Experience with Skype integration with Polycom
- Experience with Skype integration with Cisco PBX
- Broad knowledge of other Microsoft systems infrastructure products such as Azure and Windows Server, SCCM, Storage
- Basic scripting and development skills & PowerShell a plus
- Must have excellent Customer Service skills