We have multiple positions open for Big Data Engineers. Candidate should have a strong background/ knowledge in Installation, configuration, Optimization of Hadoop. The ideal candidate will be capable of building, articulating and presenting new ideas to technical and non technical business communities. This person will have the ability to code in Hadoop/ Administration as well as an architect background.
We have some positions in the Raleigh, NC area and some in the Boston Area. This candidate can not work remote however if they are willing to relocate that would be acceptable.
- Contribute to all Applied Engineering activities requirements gathering, project planning, building roadmap, etc.
- Drive the platform design, engineered systems, and delivery of any data and analytics requirements with business groups.
- Installation, Configuration and Optimization of MPP technologies and clusters – e.g. Hadoop, Spark, Kafka
- Publish and enforce technology best practices, configuration recommendations, usage design/patterns, and cookbooks to developer community.
- Engineer frameworks for reusable services, customization/development required including visualizations.
- Hands-on knowledge of the Big Data technologies Hadoop, Spark, Hive, HBase, Sqoop, Flume, Pig, Kafka, Flume, Python, Shell Scripts, etc.
- Plus: Experience with Hortonworks Data Platform (HDP)
- Experience with solution architecture, design, development and delivery of a full data life cycle and frameworks.
- Experience with detailed level of data analysis using technical tools.
- Software Engineering skills: Scala, Java and similar; Inclusive of source and version control tools
- Container based technologies – Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience with data wrangling tools and BI and reporting technologies Alterix, Arcadia, Trifacta, Paxata, Qlik, Power BI etc.
- Understanding of data life cycle data acquisition, data quality management, data governance, and metadata management with MDM.
- Experience in large scale data implementations and knowledge of data movement and data management technologies such as Informatica, Talend etc.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Capable of building, articulating, and presenting new ideas to technical, non-technical, and business communities.
This candidate must be eligible to work in the United States.
Job could flip to perm employment.