Fortune 100 company in Jersey City, NJ has an immediate need for an Information Architect. You will be creating a wide variety of applications, widgets and interfaces for one of the top companies in the US. You need to be comfortable participating in all parts of the user centered design process and creating deliverables at varying levels of fidelity, from quickly communicating a concept’s value proposition to final specifications delivered to a developer. Highly usable creativity, work products that are achievable technically, and steady, supportive team collaboration are your most important skills.
You should possess a broad understanding of related deliverables including information architecture artifacts such as interaction flows, wireframes, screen mockups, interactive demos, and functional specifications. The position will require designing responsive websites and mobile applications. You foresee emerging trends and proactively seek insight regarding user experience needs and opportunities.
- Candidates should have 5+ years of professional experience in information architecture.
- Relevant degree, diploma, or certificate (Product Design, Visual Arts and Design, Interactive/Multimedia design, Industrial Design, or Visual Communication).
- Formal training in flavors of UX Design, Usability or relevant experience.
- Qualified candidates should have participated in the design of one or more complex applications or services from beginning to end (not just redesigns) and a have a general understanding of the methods involved, including participatory design, rapid iterative prototyping, and asset optimization and prioritization.
- Digital portfolio demonstrating your accomplishments in the design of applications, websites and user interfaces.
- Show projects from inception to publication and point to your specific contributions that demonstrate writing, flows, prototypes, user testing experience and functional specifications. Demonstration of your approaches to prototyping and testing.
- A portfolio must demonstrate skills, knowledge and ideas on creating interfaces for multiple channels, platforms, and consumer/enterprise audiences.
- Enterprise design and development experience is useful.
- Agile work environment experience
- Strong and clear architecture skills (IA and UI)
- Translate high level objectives and requirements into interaction flows and information architecture artifacts including wireframes, state change diagrams, and content distribution models, clickable prototypes and functional specifications.
- An excellent communicator who can express ideas in different mediums. Excellent written and verbal English communication skills. Other languages a plus.
- A fanatical attention to detail and willingness to wade through extensive documentation to find patterns and get answers.
- Overall skills in defining, categorizing and presenting content is important.
- Experience with user research and focus groups
- Knowledge of usability principles.
- Experience with database structure and design
- Work with administrative interfaces, financial service or medical applications or other interface intensive applications.