Fortune 100 company in NYC is looking to build a Blog website for its Annuities practice. We are looking for a temporary resource to build an intuitive blog site. The resource will also support the design of landing pages, graphics and micro-sites as part of Digital marketing team. The ideal candidate should have an eye for clean, artful and modern web design. They should also have superior user interface design and development skills. Candidates should be able to translate high-level requirements into interaction flows and artifacts and be hands in development process. They will be able to transform them into beautiful, intuitive, and functional designs.
- Create and execute all visual design stages from concept to final hand-off to engineering
- Conceptualize blog and website design ideas that bring simplicity and user friendliness to complex roadblocks
- Create wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows and site maps to communicate interaction and design ideas
- Present and defend designs and key deliverables to peers and executive level stakeholders
- Establish and promote design guidelines, best practices and standards
- Proven work experience as a web designer with 5-10 years of experience.
- Must have a prior Blog site design experience. WordPress, Joomla, etc.
- Demonstrable graphic design skills with a strong portfolio
- Solid experience in creating wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows and site maps
- Proficiency in Photoshop, Illustrator or other visual design and wire-framing tools
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process
- Excellent visual design skills with sensitivity to user-system interaction
- Ability to solve problems creatively and effectively
- Up-to-date with the latest Web trends, techniques and technologies
- BS/MS in Human-Computer Interaction, Interaction Design or a Visual Arts subject
- Excellent oral and written communicator
- Must have presentation skills.